Need help fast on clipping WINGS!!!

Quote:
I did just clip one, and she flew just fine...bad goosey....so that is why I was wondering if I needed to cut them shorter?

I see that you have them, would you go any farther then the description?
hu.gif

If you cut the flight feathers you probably don't need to cut them shorter. I still suggest clipping both wings - it won't hurt anything to try - your goose may be too heavy to get airborne without both sets of flight feathers. Good luck!

Okay, so far so good! I cut both wing feathers and she has not taken flight yet. We have been watching her like a hawk today, but I still think I will lock her up tonight just for saftey measures..
love.gif

Something else that baffles me, my males is not very attentive...when she cannot fine him when he goes around to the other side of the pen, she crys for him. He could give 2 cents less about her, do you think maybe he is just young or just not interested yet?
hu.gif

When my Pekin female gets lost my male is on patrol looking for his woman immediately!!!
somad.gif

Just curious...Thanks for all the feedback....it is greatly appreciated!!
hugs.gif

I dont know about chickens but with my ducks I only clip one wing..If you clip both they can get balance and be able to take off..Not to high but they can fly!

Well I ended up clipping both wings. One a little shorter than the other for safety measure. She did not fly out tonight. We were cleaning the horse barn out this evening so I couldn't sit and watch to see if she tried to or not.

But I locked her up again for the night....I so happy I got her even though she is a flyer!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom