need help first time

The girls will USUALLY lay them, and not start to sit on them till she's ready for the bunch. Did you add on after she started sitting?

Yep she started sitting on 6 and i added on after becuase i got some new chickens a month ago and waited for them to lay an egg so i could hatch them so i added a couple frizzle eggs and some polish

Did you mark what days you did this? If some hatch, and they keep her busy enough, she will abandon the leftover eggs.
Depends on the days, and the number of eggs left. You may be able to do a hatch and sneak under her within a few days....
But if the difference is more than 2-3 days, she may not go for it.

I agree it all depends on how far apart the eggs are...if you set the new eggs under the hen she will probably get up off them once the first ones hatch weather you take the chicks or not. You'd be better off takeing the eggs you put under her later and put them in an incubator. (just my opinion i may be wrong)

Thanks again but i donthave a incubator and the eggs are like 5 days diffrent at the most and there are only 3 that should hatch ealry

they should be ok then...you may want to take the earily hatchers and brood them till the rest of the clutch hatches and then put them back with mom once the hatch is done.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom