Need help for advice on illness of factory (maybe) chick. Can you?!

born2000

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
moticello, UT
bow.gif
Hey could someone help me? I got given this chick, I beleif that it is a pearl leghorn by the funny comb and the white feathers apearing in it's wings. Anyway, the chick was given to be my a girl who got it from school and I was thinking there might just be a possibility that it's a factory "throwaway" chick. But the chick I beleif is sick,
sickbyc.gif
the signs: 1 it's feet have blushish/purple spots through out them. 2 It tries to stay of it's feet as much as possible. 3 There is some blood (but that my just be because my other chicks pick on it some) 5 It's exremely tired (A usual sign of a sick chick anyway) So I've done all the basics of care for it but can not identify the sickness or posibble cure ( I doubt the chick will ever get cured, as do most chicks taken ill) But it's worth a try! :>
fl.gif

Any adivice welcome and with much thanks! :)
celebrate.gif
hugs.gif

please separate the ill chick from the others, they will end up pecking her to death. If she does have a disease she could have passed it to your others. Did her legs have the bluish/purple marks before your chicks began pecking her? I'm wondering if she has circulation problems - with her legs. Please post on the Emergencies, thread now, and subscribe so you know as soon as someone answers. If you could post clear photos of her that would help greatly. I wonder if someone at the school abused her and maybe the girl rescued it and brought it to you.

I was going to seperate the chick from the other, but it only caused the chick exreme stress. It peeped all day and night long. And it is only with 2 other chicks. I watched and they don't peck her much. I was worried about her passing off a desease to my other chicks, but they are older by around 5 more weeks (they are bantams, so they are only a little taller then her) and I think they have a stronger body that will have a much better chance of taking on any sickness. I will work on getting pics soon. Thank you! :
ya.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom