Need help from New York

aladore

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2017
hi, Need some strong advice. My one duck is getting ready to go outside in his pen. I took him outside while I was cleaning up. I have three dogs. I know they will never be friends, not expecting them to. But my one dog who is a beagle was barking and howling so bad while Mr. Quakers(my duck) was outside. How can I have them all live peacefully. The dogs will be outside while he is in his pen. I'm sure they are going to go nuts. What can I do to make matters better.

I am not a hundred percent sure if this will work but try just having them spend some time together ( NOT directly) as long as you have a place for your duck to stay that the dogs cant get to they will probably just need some time to get used to your duck and know that he is going to stay. As i said before I cant be sure, my dog got a good peck on the nose by one of my chickens and he avoided them after that, that probably wont work for your duck though because it sounds like your dogs have got a much stronger reaction. just make sure you watch them for a bit so that they don't try anything they shouldn't.

P.S If your dogs don't just learn to get used to Mr. Quakers you should try squirting them with a spray bottle when they bark at him so that they know you disapprove.

Back
Top Bottom