Need Help!-Goslings are breathing heavily/panting

Quote:
I sure hope they pull through
fl.gif

Good luck, i hope she makes it. On the dosing, you may want to give it to her in small increments. i have a duck that takes meds every day. It's not that much, but still i have to do it in multiple teeny squirts, otherwise it just falls back out of her beak. Anyhow, just a suggestion. i do hope all goes well.

As of right now, the little boy seems to be perfectly fine and the little girl is still breathing heavily. She is eating and drinking a decent amount on her own, which is encouraging, and she still seems to have plenty of feist in her. I wish there was some improvement in her breathing, but I'm trying to just focus on giving her the best care possible and at the same time not get my hopes up too high. Thanks for asking :eek:)

Oh, that's good. If she is back on food and water, odds are she'll make it. It will probably take time for her lungs to recover, and hot or humid weather will make her breath harder still if she has a lung problem.

This morning, the little girl was mostly breathing through her nose, instead of her mouth...She was also "talking" a mile a minute, which was music to my ears. She hadn't let out a peep in days. As the day progressed, she went back to breathing through her mouth, but I think that's because it got humid (like you said, Denninmi)...I know that she won't just get better all at once, so I'm trying to remain patient and cautiously hopeful...

Back
Top Bottom