Need help hatching and other questions

Joyousfarmgirl

Hatching
Jan 23, 2021
Good morning everyone. My name is Miriam. We live in central TX and raise and sell chicks, guineas, ducks, and quail.

Last spring I purchased a trio of grey Saddleback Pomeranian geese. This will be my first time hatching goslings. I would love advice and any tips for getting started.

I will be incubating the Pomeranian eggs in our GQF Sportsman cabinet incubator. Do you think it would work for me to switch the eggs over to a smaller incubator (like a Hova-bator) when I take them out of the egg turner? I've read that I need to raise the humidity for the last few days, but I can't do that in the cabinet incubator because I will have eggs at all stages of incubation. Wouldn't that also make it easier to manage the humidity?

I would love to connect with other members who raise Saddleback Pomeranian geese. I am looking to improve my genetics and add to my flock at some point, but am having trouble finding breeders. Has anyone purchased Pomeranian goslings from Sand Hill Preservation Center?

Miriam

Hi! I’m not totally certain with hatching out eggs, but I hope you get someone soon who has experience with this. Personally though I think the plan to switch them to a different incubator would be just fine, but make sure that the humidity is at the right percentage.

To me it makes more sense to incubate the geese eggs by themselves so you can monitor them closely. And resolves any issues that might pop up.

Switching the eggs to another incubator should be fine. We've incubated 4 batches with really good success rate.

We misted each night, let them cool for 15 minutes and also turned them 180 degrees at this time. My husband did that part, but he found in here a really good guide to incubating goose eggs.

Back
Top Bottom