NEED HELP---Hen or Roo????

Jayare's Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Aug 25, 2007
Florence, Alabama
I have these 2 Black Australorp's and I know 1 of them is definatly a roo but I cant tell about the other one so I am asking for your help to determine what it is. If they are both Roos then 1 of them has to go live somewhere else.

I will post some pics of these 2, I know the one with the yellow/gold feathers on his neck and back is a Roo. They are 4 months old now and only the one with the yellow/gold feathers has crowed. The other one looks to have the saddle feathers but it's comb and waddles are not as big or as red as the other one. What is it PLEASE?????

DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1946.jpg

DSCF1944.jpg

DSCF1942.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

Any help will be appreatiated......

Jayare

I was pretty sure of that myself but down deep I was hoping someone was going to say it's a hen.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I had talked with a co-worker about my extra roos a few weeks ago and me needing to have to get rid of possibly 2 of them, she said she had a friend that may need or want them. I told her $5.00 each and if the second one did in fact turn out to be a roo then I would do both for $8.00.

The lady that wanted them calls me about noon and wakes me up (I work 6pm-3am, plus I had to watch the Superbowl I recorded before I could go to bed) I saw these posts so I rounded up the Black one too so I could take them both to the lady. After I got them loaded into the dog crate to take them for a ride in the back of my truck to town she calls me to tell me where they are parked. I told her I had both with me so she could pick which one she wanted for the $5.00 or she could take them both for the special price of $8.00 total. She paused and said ok and hung up. A few seconds later my cell phone rings again and it's the lady I work with and she tells me the lady no longer wants them that she thought I was giving them away for free.
roll.png

Are the prices I was asking way out of range??? Is $8.00 too much money to pay for TWO four month old roos?

Now I still gotta find a new home for 2 roos....

Jayare

8 bucks for two roos isn't that unreasonable... but often it is hard to rehome them as many people don't want roosters and they are very abundant. I rehome my roos to peoples stomachs... and get about 2.5 a lb on the asian scene up here, so two 6 month roos went for $25 dressed.

Wish you the best in luck in finding them homes.

Back
Top Bottom