Need help! Hens not going in coop at night!

Is that a 4'x4' floor area?
It seems that the flock was putting themselves up when they were smaller and now that they are full size they aren't. It may just be coinciding with the door.
2 cockerels with 5 pullets may also a contributing factor as well as the size of the coop being too small for 7 birds.
You are in NY. Where will your flock go when it looks like this?
View attachment 2373969
Correct me if I’m wrong. I thought the same at first. I think they mean 5 pullets and 2 roost poles, not roosters or cockerels.

Correct me if I’m wrong. I thought the same at first. I think they mean 5 pullets and 2 roost poles, not roosters or cockerels.
I count 7 birds in the picture. My mistake that 2 are cockerels. Maybe 2 of those birds are gone now. :confused:
Still, 5 birds in that coop with no attached covered run in a NY winter... it won't be pretty.

Is that a 4'x4' floor area?
It seems that the flock was putting themselves up when they were smaller and now that they are full size they aren't. It may just be coinciding with the door.
2 cockerels with 5 pullets may also a contributing factor as well as the size of the coop being too small for 7 birds.
You are in NY. Where will your flock go when it looks like this?
View attachment 2373969
5 hens total. 2 "roosts" inside the coop is what I said to give you an idea of the space I have inside the coop. I have a space under the coop and a large pen.

What does that have to do with them not going in to roost all of a sudden?
Doesn't, but is part of the conversation.
Something us snow dealers can't help but notice.
Where do you live @Gooseface ?
1602883319371.png

Back
Top Bottom