need help id 2 roosters and a hen

ol scratch

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 18, 2014

First is a well behaved bantam roo that me wife thinks is a sebright. Have no clue. 2nd is a sweet little bantam hen that my wife thinks is a Phoenix. 3rd is a bantam roo that my wife says is probably a splash Phoenix. Any body that has any ideas on the breeds would be welcome to here from u. We have around 40 chickens. This started with a school project and me telling me wife to get a golden laced sebright roo and 2 or 3 sebright hens. This is where I face palm. Give an inch, lose the whole blessed ranch. All was got at atwoods.

First is a well behaved bantam roo that me wife thinks is a sebright. Have no clue. 2nd is a sweet little bantam hen that my wife thinks is a Phoenix. 3rd is a bantam roo that my wife says is probably a splash Phoenix. Any body that has any ideas on the breeds would be welcome to here from u. We have around 40 chickens. This started with a school project and me telling me wife to get a golden laced sebright roo and 2 or 3 sebright hens. This is where I face palm. Give an inch, lose the whole blessed ranch. All was got at atwoods.
They do resemble the Phoenix and as I'm not to familiar with this kind I also saw that they resemble duckwing OEGB. Hope that helps!

That they do be resembling. That little splash roo be gamer than a badger stealing honey. First day out he took out a RIR roo and a lavender americuna roo. The RIR being 6× bigger and the other roo being 4-5× bigger. No killing an none be having the spurs. Just some hopping and skipping and kicking. No feathers lost either.

Last edited:
Diego, the white and wheat rooster, is developing the saddle feathers. I'm thinking he may be a bantam Phoenix. Hoping so. Little dude likes to ride on my shoulder or sit on my knee. He has a very good disposition. Anybody else got any helpful words?

Diego be a serama! No question about it. Still have no clue to what Roosevelt be. Except he be grateful to God for still being alive after his temperfit yesterday morning. He kicked me in the chest and face trying to get me eyes. I was standing straight up and be 5'8" tall. I grabbed him on his second jump and wrung his neck, threw him down to let him finish flopping. Well, he jumped up and run off. He's fine now. In a cage in the kitchen playing hen to 5 Sebright chicks and having a little different attitude about life. I guess he realized that I'm no joke nor a push over. I've got three small children and won't be keeping a roo that can easily stick them in the eyes or neck when he gets his spurs. If he keeps this new attitude, I'll not be making roo and dumplings out of him. But I've got a stock pot for him if he back slides. Diego is the big dog on the block. He's been keeping 2 RIR and a americauna cockerels in line. They are 5 or 6 times his size. He DOES NOT CARE. He just whoops them every time they set foot out of line. Had to bring them all in now. Don't want things to get bloody for no good reason. And I want to breed my chickens pure. Nobody around here wants mix breeds and I am no chicken breeding genius who is going to develop the next great thing. I'll just try to carry on the work of our forefathers. Or at least keep them pure and let someone else work to better the individual breeds.

I have no clue on what your first little hen is, but the second hen is a phoenix, and your roo looks to be a little serama. seramas are beautiful. if you mange to breed your serama and phoenix hen im sure you can get some gorgeous looking roos!

The first 1 is a golden cockerel, Roosevelt, of who knows what type of breeding He's the one who is thanking God that he is still alive. The second pic is Dove. She came from the same batch as all the rest from that batch that had the quail look and are serama. I would guess that she would be too but the bantam Phoenix and serama all look the same until they get to be a few months old. If she is a Phoenix, I'm going to find out what a Phoenix/serama cross looks like. All my bantam chicks produced are going to be kept or sold as pets. But I'm really thinking she's a serama. I have 2 other serama cockerel that are about 3 weeks younger than her but except for the combs and wattles, she and they look exactly alike. And the size diff but she is about 3 weeks older. Or maybe 5 weeks. I disremeber. Also have 2 other pullets that look exactly like the two younger serama cockerels. They are the same age as those 2 serama cockerels. I don't know. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom