Need help identifying breed of new egg layer chicks

MissionOhana

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 14, 2016
North Georgia
All should be pullets (hopefully) not sure of the breeds. They were all ordered from Ideal, assorted standard egg layers. They send a random mix of different chicks. I got a good mix but don't know what breeds they are. I have a few guesses but I'm very new to raising egg layers from such a young age.

All should be pullets (hopefully) not sure of the breeds. They were all ordered from Ideal, assorted standard egg layers. They send a random mix of different chicks. I got a good mix but don't know what breeds they are. I have a few guesses but I'm very new to raising egg layers from such a young age. production red or the like
Easter Egger is my best guess on this cutie pie.
Gold Laced Wyandotte perhaps. Could be a Barnevelder too.
This one is easy Barred Rock.
Buff Orpingtons and a
woot.gif

not even able to guess on this one
perhaps more of the red layer variety.
Nice assortment! Now my guesses are just that guesses. Time will surely reveal if I was even close at all.

Last edited:
Thank you! Guesses are helpful. I figured my 3 reddish were probably production reds and my fluffy girl I was hoping was an Easter egger. That little chocolatey one really has me curious though haha @21hens-incharge itll be fun to watch them grow and change and see what I really have when they're bigger!

Best I could do with my daughter trying to touch her toes haha. She loves the chickens! @Alexandra33

My guess after looking at pics was Easter eggers too on #3 and 6. I lost #2 so I'm hopeful they are!

That is the tough part of raising chickens. They don't all get to make it. I am really sorry you lost such a cutie pie. I lost one of my EE when she was only 8 months old to egg binding. Super sad when that happens.

This is the one I lost.

As a chick super cute and super fuzzy. She grew to be the one that is my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom