Need help identifying mixed bantams & ducks I got from TSC please!

I would say that the second chick is a silver duckwing OEGB and if so it appears that you have yourself a hen. Lucky you
wink.png

Here is a pic of some silver duckwing oeg chicks. the ones with the lighter color on their heads will be roosters and the darkers ones will be hens.
silverduckwingchicks-1.jpg

big_smile.png

Last edited:
the brown duck is a khaki cambell. my TSC had khaki campbell, pekin, mallards, and i think rouens listed on the breeds poster. looked like mine had about 85% pekins and the rest khakis, i didnt see any mallards.

Since I will be looking for Khaki Campbells next month I checked a few hatchery sites for duckling photos. I thought the Swedish looked more yellow than the khakis and if I had to guess I'd say that duckling was a khaki. But I have NO experience id'ing ducks what-so-ever. Just trying to educate myself so I know what I'm looking at!
wink.png

I know I'm about a month late responding, but count the toes on the one you think is a polish. If it has 4 toes per foot it is. 5 toes per foot and you have a houdan.

I think your brown ducklind is a Khacki Campbell and the black and white duckling looks like an Ancona. Anconas and Magpie's look very much alike when they are that young. So who really knows for sure... But mature Magpie's should have black from the shoulder's to the tail and on top of the head. Ancona's, when mature, just have random spotting or patches of black. All of your babies are so cute
big_smile.png

Quote:
That's what I was thinking, too--or, if it's got feathered legs, it could be a Sultan. But both Sultans and Houdans have beards and this little chick doesn't seem to have any fluff on its face.

My guess on the other crested would be wc black Polish--and I think it's a roo, too.

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't think I've ever counted her toes. I'm pretty sure she's polish though. I'll try and get an updated pic on here. Thanks!

Quote:
Are Khaki Campbells runners? Because she/he is a tall skinny runner! And she/he is not turning khaki at all. The feathers that have come in are the same color as my blue cochin. I'll have to post updated pics. And my other cutie, I'm almost sure he's an Ancona now. They are heavier set than Magpie's, right? This baby is getting HUGE!! But yes, they are so cute! Thank you
big_smile.png

Quote:
That's what I was thinking, too--or, if it's got feathered legs, it could be a Sultan. But both Sultans and Houdans have beards and this little chick doesn't seem to have any fluff on its face.

My guess on the other crested would be wc black Polish--and I think it's a roo, too.

No, no feathered legs. No beards either
smile.png
My other one, we call him cotton top.....I'm pretty sure you're right and he's a roo:lol:

Back
Top Bottom