Need help identifying my chicks

MSCajun

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
I am a city girl from Baton Rouge who now lives in a very rural town in MS. It only makes sense that I should have chickens in my backyard, right? I ordered chicks earlier this year from Ideal Poultry. Three of my babies, I cannot identify. Could y'all help? The blonde hen has some black markings and feathered feet. The brown hen has light feet
[/IMG][/IMG]and bluish spots. The white one is beautiful with light feet and black markings.

It will only let me upload one pic at a time. The white one in my original post is one I need help with. Here is another picture of her.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, you have a lovely flock! You will do best if you post these pics in our What Breed and Gender section of the forums. Those members can help you most with ID's.....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Otherwise, make yourself at home here. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Your white and black chicken looks like a Columbian Wyandotte to me (I think I can see a rose comb). The brown speckled bird is a Speckled Sussex.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Your mostly white chicken is a pretty Columbian Wyandotte. The brown one is a Speckled Sussex.

Nice flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I agree with the other members; you have a Columbian Wyandotte and a Speckled Sussex. I've had both breeds and they are hardy, dependable layers. My children made lap pets out of our Speckled Sussex. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom