Need Help Identifying ROOOSTERS

ChickensAreTheBestForever

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2018
HI all,

We have 13 chickens. 7 are two weeks older than 6 of them. I'm going to try to post pictures for rooster identification. Thanks in advance!
We have:
4 Red Sex Links. My guess is three roosters and one hen or all four roosters.
2 Plymouth Rocks
1 Asian Black

The younger ones I think are all hens but if anyone sees an obvious roosters please let me know.
13.jpg Saphire Gem with Red Sex Links
9.jpg Red Sex Links
10.jpg Red Sex Link
11.jpg A bunch together
12.jpg Golden Wyandotte

Rooster 1.jpg The two red sex links (white and red feathers).
4.jpg Red sex link
5.jpg Plymouth Rock
6.jpg Plymouth Rock
7.jpg Red Sex Link
8.jpg Plymouth Rock and Red Sex Links
Rooster 2.jpg Red Sex Link
Rooster 3.jpg Asian Black

Where did you get these supposed red sex links? They are not first generation. Two look like cockerels, and so do the barred ones. Those have the wrong leg color for Rocks.

this woman off Craigslist. I drove an hour and she totally didn’t tell me the truth. Do you think all four of the red sex links are roosters?

And do both barred rocks look like roosters too?

What about the Asian black?

Do you think if they aren’t pure red sex links they won’t lay eggs?
Can you say more about why the barred rock look male to you and what you meant about the legs?
They won't lay eggs because they're male. It doesnt matter if a hen is pure or not. The barred rock also looks Male because of the comb size and color. Hens dont usually get that size or color until they are about to lay.

The leg color is wrong on the Barred Rocks. They're most likely Cuckoo Marans. Not the French type.

A Barred Rock should have yellow legs.
20200531_151440.jpg
My Heritage Plymouth Barred Rock pullet for example.

Ok so two of the red sex links are male, I’m wondering if the other two will lay eggs if they aren’t true red sex links.

do both cuckoo madams look like roosters to you guys?

what about the Asian black?

thank you again!

Ok so two of the red sex links are male, I’m wondering if the other two will lay eggs if they aren’t true red sex links.

do both cuckoo madams look like roosters to you guys?

what about the Asian black?

thank you again!
It doesnt matter if a hen is true breed or not. If they're hens, they will lay eggs (unless they have reproductive issues). Need a better picture of the asian blacks comb and wattles. Both cuckoo marans look male.

Back
Top Bottom