Need help identifying rooster

jtdoux

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 15, 2014
Hello,

I'm new to this site. Our family is beginning our flock and we are hoping someone can help us identify our newest rooster who is five months old. He is a beautiful, healthy, and curious looking guy. At first, we didn't care too much about breeds, but reading about the different rare breeds and pure breds on this site we got curious.

Can anyone inform us?

Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif

I believe he's a mix. A mix of what, that's the question!

What color are his legs? Does he have 5 toes? Does he have feathered legs?

The crest and beard are making me think silkie mix, and yes answers to those questions would confirm that. However, he just doesn't have the look of a silkie cross, his body shape is off.

A better picture of his comb would help, too.

Five toes : YES

a few feathers on the legs.

whitish cream legs it looks.

I'm wondering if it's part salmon Faverolle. Look those up and see if that could be your guy---with something else for the head poof.

In research I read they lay a lot of eggs. I am surprised they are not recognized breed I remember them growing up. How dark are the blue or green eggs?

EEs aint a recognized breed because they can look like anything. If you want a recognized breed that lays blue eggs there is the araucanas, and ameraucanas. l don't think legbars have gotten into the standard yet. Most don't lay a very dark egg. But you can find some people who have been working on getting the eggs a darker color.

Back
Top Bottom