Need help identifying this grey breed

All_my_peeps

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2018
BB265FCD-74BA-4FCE-887E-549420C279B8.jpeg
7476D34F-8E19-421E-975D-CE263B4DF4BA.jpeg
Is someone able to help me identify my beautiful grey hens? I haven’t been able to find anything definitive on the internet! I have attached some pictures.

I don’t know much else about the birds as we just bought them at auction.

All are the same, biblue, bluebell... just marketed with different names in different countries for 'copyright' reasons. Origined from crosses between several spanish southern races (or maybe a color mutation of black-sex links?).

Those are blue chicken. Andalusian breed has a similar slate grey color for example (but white earlobes). The first is similar to the so called 'biblue' or 'isazul'. The second one is similar to 'isazul morisca'. Both of them crossbreed (with andalusian blood) and good egg layers.

Last edited:
i actually have one who flew into my backyard. shes a character...just laud her first egg a few hours ago...shes still a youngster... funny thing is is that I live down in the Port of Los Angeles California where chicken shouldn't really be LOL but she's hanging around and now she's part of the family she's adopted me now she's in my bathroom and that's her new Hen House of sorts considering she's the only chicken and it's pouring rain right now I figure it's too cold for her to be out there by herself with nobody to roost with and keep warm so she left me a little present in the sink as I was sitting on the toilet LOL maybe that's a little too much information but anyways she's a real sweetheart just a lot of character and is a footnote I haven't raise chickens since back in 1975 till 1985 I raised aerucuans... sorry I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right but I really never knew how to spell it cuz I was a Youngster back then I raised them and American Reds are I raised them and Rhode Island Reds I just remembered that the Rhode Island Reds friendly compared to the Aerus.... collecting their eggs was trick they were mean anyways a friend of mine had asked me recently if I wanted a rooster friend for My Little Hen and now I'm thinking I'm going to get into the chicken thing after reading Forums on the site I might be just a new chicken fan in any case I'm adopted mother to My Little Hen who I've chose to name Holly the hen because she came just after Christmas

Back
Top Bottom