Need help identifying this grey breed

All_my_peeps

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2018
BB265FCD-74BA-4FCE-887E-549420C279B8.jpeg
7476D34F-8E19-421E-975D-CE263B4DF4BA.jpeg
Is someone able to help me identify my beautiful grey hens? I haven’t been able to find anything definitive on the internet! I have attached some pictures.

I don’t know much else about the birds as we just bought them at auction.

Those are blue chicken. Andalusian breed has a similar slate grey color for example (but white earlobes). The first is similar to the so called 'biblue' or 'isazul'. The second one is similar to 'isazul morisca'. Both of them crossbreed (with andalusian blood) and good egg layers.

Last edited:
All are the same, biblue, bluebell... just marketed with different names in different countries for 'copyright' reasons. Origined from crosses between several spanish southern races (or maybe a color mutation of black-sex links?).

Those are blue chicken. Andalusian breed has a similar slate grey color for example (but white earlobes). The first is similar to the so called 'biblue' or 'isazul'. The second one is similar to 'isazul morisca'. Both of them crossbreed (with andalusian blood) and good egg layers.

Thanks so much for the insight! I’m going to research those breeds! You definitely right with them being great egg layers. I don’t think either of them have missed a day since they have come to our farm!

Back
Top Bottom