Need help identifying this little chick!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    These babies hatched yesterday/last night. We were expecting a combination of white leghorns, light brahmas, RIR's and americaunas. This is what the gentleman said when we bought the eggs from him. Since this was our first hatch, we decided to go with local fertilized eggs first and progress to shipped eggs. We got 3 light brahmas, 2 americaunas, 8 white leghorns and 2 of these:

[​IMG]

They are a chocolate brown with a tiny bit of white on the tips of their wings and a bit lighter underneath.

I have NO idea what this chick is....does anyone else?? BTW they came out of cream to pale brown eggs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    That chocolate looks alot like the EE I hatched in May. Although that one came from a pale green egg.

Good luck figuring it out. It's adorable [​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Is there anyone who can give me an idea of what kind of chick this is? I have 2 alike that were hatched last night.

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Looks exactly like my ameraucanas at that age...One is now brown/red and the other is blackish brown/red

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    What color egg did it come out of?

6. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Don't know never asked it was a flea mkt chick But it has a beard and muffs. Although it is also a mix as it has a single comb. When I posted mine to find out what they were someone said they looked like ameraucanas they got from TSC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by