Need help identifying what's attacking my chickens...

I was just thinking this morning that I wish I had one. I might consider buying one if not too expensive.

So, I am back to keeping the hens in their coop/run today, cause I'm scared to let them free range. I sat and observed Amelia (the victim), and noticed that while some skin is definitely showing where the feathers are missing, I didn't see any blood, scratches or any other wounds. Of course, she wasn't sitting still for me, I just watched her as she ate the mealworms I brought for her, and while she was scratching around the pen. Luckily, she seems ok. I'm trying to figure out what would have attacked her from behind (apparently), and pulled out feathers, without leaving any wounds. I'm totally baffled, and don't know what to do for their safety. I have to get this figured out, because I have eight baby chicks brooding inside that I bought when the three hens were killed. I don't want any more losses.
I just ordered this one. I already have several but I can always use another one if the price and specs are right. It's different than my other ones but we will see. The price is right and it has 48pcs infrared LEDs which should be good for nighttime vision. Here most of the predators roam at night.
https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-S...ords=game+trail+camera&qid=1592502691&sr=8-18

Back
Top Bottom