need help identifying

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by new&learning, Aug 2, 2010.

1. new&learning

new&learning Out Of The Brooder

i have gotten 5 chickens(should be hens) and i have questions about 2 of them. i have taken pictures of #1 we call blondie and #2 we call princess (the brownish one)...not sure what breed or what they are sex....i cought blondie mounting on my RIR(took a pic) so im thinking he is a he but no crowing yet..they are both about 6 months old...the brownish ones comb is about the size of blondies which is making me think they are both roos but also dont know what breed they are....any help would be great ....thanks...cathy[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    They both look like girls to me.
    Not sure on the first...maybe an EE (easter egger). The second one is for sure an EE.

3. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Both are definite hens. They are Easter Eggers which is a mutt that the hatcheries sell as colored egg producers under the name of Aracauna or Ameracauna-which they are not. These birds may produce green, blue, brown, or pink eggs & you should get eggs soon!

4. new&learning

new&learning Out Of The Brooder

if the beige one is a hen then why does she mount the RIR and one other one that i know are hens...i dont get it??? the fifth picture down is of the beige one mounting the RIR(i am behind them)...thank you for my answers...cathy

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by