Need help ID'ing chick

Emmasmom

Songster
Apr 14, 2012
Buckeye, AZ
This chick was sold as a buff orpington - I'm guessing no since feathers are white? I was thinking maybe a Cornish cross or a leghorn? She is a little larger than the others. The chicks are about 2.5 weeks old. Thanks in advance for any help!

Are her legs really that greenish color? If so, my first thought is a Jersey Giant, with the straight comb and clean face. Green legs can also be an Easter egger, but they usually have pea combs and beards/muffs.

Okay, looking at the pics again, I'm not sure that's a straight comb. She may be a clean faced EE. She's too big to be a leghorn, and they have yellow legs. On the other hand, she's too small to be a Cornish cross, and they also have yellow legs. From the size of the legs, I wouldn't have my heart set on pullet, either. Not that it's not possible to have a girl with a sturdy foundation, but those are some very thick legs!

Thanks for your help! Legs are definitely green. I had not even thought about an Easter egger being white. Can other breeds have green legs? Definitely hope it's not roo, ugh. She/he may have a little fluffiness in the cheek area.

Last edited:
The only other white, green/willow legged breed I'm aware of right off is the Giant, but they're straight combed. White Ee are very pretty, but pretty doesn't always matter if you can't keep a rooster. Post again in a few weeks so we can see how things turn out?

Back
Top Bottom