Need help ID'ing chick

Emmasmom

Songster
Apr 14, 2012
Buckeye, AZ
This chick was sold as a buff orpington - I'm guessing no since feathers are white? I was thinking maybe a Cornish cross or a leghorn? She is a little larger than the others. The chicks are about 2.5 weeks old. Thanks in advance for any help!

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
Are her legs really that greenish color? If so, my first thought is a Jersey Giant, with the straight comb and clean face. Green legs can also be an Easter egger, but they usually have pea combs and beards/muffs.

Okay, looking at the pics again, I'm not sure that's a straight comb. She may be a clean faced EE. She's too big to be a leghorn, and they have yellow legs. On the other hand, she's too small to be a Cornish cross, and they also have yellow legs. From the size of the legs, I wouldn't have my heart set on pullet, either. Not that it's not possible to have a girl with a sturdy foundation, but those are some very thick legs!

Emmasmom

Songster
Apr 14, 2012
Buckeye, AZ
Thanks for your help! Legs are definitely green. I had not even thought about an Easter egger being white. Can other breeds have green legs? Definitely hope it's not roo, ugh. She/he may have a little fluffiness in the cheek area.

Last edited:

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
The only other white, green/willow legged breed I'm aware of right off is the Giant, but they're straight combed. White Ee are very pretty, but pretty doesn't always matter if you can't keep a rooster. Post again in a few weeks so we can see how things turn out?

Top Bottom