Need help in FL - Advice on City Codes and talking with Code Enforcement

I bet if those in Debary who want to crack down on chickens knew that Martha Stewart and Southern Living magazine approved of backyard flocks, they would stop their complaining.

Hey NoCityChickens....GENIUS.....!! Predators and rodents are already living in urban areas. Wild bird feeders, pet food, gardens, fish ponds, bird baths, trash waiting to be collected all attract raccoons, foxes, rodents and flies. Modern micro-flock coops, such as chicken tractors arks and other pens are ways of keeping, and managing, family flocks that eliminate concerns about predators, rodents and other pests.

Laying hens — at their LOUDEST— have about the same decibel level as human conversation (60 to 70 decibels). Hens are so quiet that there have been cases of family flocks being kept for years without the next door neighbors knowing it. To some, noise is a concern with roosters and their pre-dawn heralding of sunrises. Many urban codes ban roosters or only allow them to be kept with special permits. The noise level of a rooster’s crow is about the same as a barking dog, 90 decibels. But there are ways to keep roosters quiet throughout the night. Many folks regard crowing as a pleasant sound.

DeBary friends, don't worry. We'll figure something out!

God Bless!

Last edited:
@Nocitychickens. You must be the horses behind who drives around the city and visits city hall on a daily basis with your complaints. You're making a fool out of yourself by harassing people. There is a growing trend to gather information on YOU and make your miserable life even more miserable. This is your warning. Change your ways or it will be changed for you. :lol:

goodpost.gif

There was a day when folks like Nocitychickens would have been run out of town on a rail. Oh the good old days....
Standing up for what you believe in and resisting the efforts of people like Nocitychickens to shove their feelings down your throat is hardly what I'd call acting like school children. I'd say getting your panties in a wad because someone down the street got chickens is acting childish. Slapping some sense into a bully is what I call patriotic.

Calling someone a name is acting like a child in a school yard.
I do not condone the act of harassing someone in response to their harassing me. For instance, I do not feel it's appropriate to tell Nocitychickens that he/she needs to watch and that he/she has been "warned." That's a threat for crying out loud. Totally inappropriate. Makes ALL chicken lovers look like fanatic crazies.
Also, OP did respectfully request that we all tone it down a bit. It isn't out of line to assume our actions here will have an impact on her in Florida.

Back
Top Bottom