need help on eggs

kasey08

Aunt Kasey's Farm
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Scottsboro, AL
my hen has just hatched 3 chicks yesterday and there are still 2 eggsand i candled themthe air sack or whatever its called is still there and i moved it and it looked watery is this normal or should i toss them?shouldnt it be all black? pics of the chicks

Last edited:

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
All but where the aircell is should be dark if there is a fully developed chick in the egg. If it looks clear or a decent amt. of it's clear I think it would be safe to toss the egg. If there's any question I would let her sit on them a couple more days. Congrats on the chicks!

kasey08

Aunt Kasey's Farm
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Scottsboro, AL
well she's not leaving them to feed the chicks so i took them and when i did they was starting to get cold bc she wasnt reallt sitting on them so i stuck them in the incubator think i should just leave them for a few days? it shouldnt look like there is water in it right? it is all dark sooo idk what to do lol

pkw

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
North Edwards, CA
If they aren't smelly let them go another day or two. I had some that went on lockdown I didn't see movement in but I'll be darned if they wasn't moving earlier today.

kasey08

Aunt Kasey's Farm
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Scottsboro, AL
well still nothing so i cracked them and it was just yolk so i guess they never started to form

Top Bottom