need help on eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kasey08, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    my hen has just hatched 3 chicks yesterday and there are still 2 eggsand i candled themthe air sack or whatever its called is still there and i moved it and it looked watery is this normal or should i toss them?shouldnt it be all black? pics of the chicks [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    All but where the aircell is should be dark if there is a fully developed chick in the egg. If it looks clear or a decent amt. of it's clear I think it would be safe to toss the egg. If there's any question I would let her sit on them a couple more days. Congrats on the chicks! [​IMG]

3. kasey08

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    well she's not leaving them to feed the chicks so i took them and when i did they was starting to get cold bc she wasnt reallt sitting on them so i stuck them in the incubator think i should just leave them for a few days? it shouldnt look like there is water in it right? it is all dark sooo idk what to do lol

4. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    If they aren't smelly let them go another day or two. I had some that went on lockdown I didn't see movement in but I'll be darned if they wasn't moving earlier today.

5. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    If it looks watery, i'm pretty sure they're duds.

6. kasey08

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    lol ok i will but it better not bust [​IMG]

7. kasey08

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    well still nothing so i cracked them and it was just yolk so i guess they never started to form

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by