Need help on what kind a of coop to build!!!

hunt100

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 8, 2011
So kinda live in a neighborhood and want to have chickens but i want a coop that doesnt look bad and the neighbors wont mind.
Also i dont have a lot of spending money. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Im wanting to have 4-6 chickens at first if I like it I might get more but money is kinda a problem.

Sorry, totally misread that. I'm not suggesting
this, but my neighbor (God rest his soul), had
wire with a tarp, and his chickens were happy and
produced very well. But, still there are so many
cute plans on this site, that your neighbors will
think it's a child's playhouse. And your chickens
are your children.

You may want to check and see if there are any restrictions in your neighborhood. If chickens are allowed, how many can you have? Good to find out before you get too many.
frow.gif

they sell the plans for this coop (i posted the link below). It might be a bit pricey to build, but maybe you could go with the main structure and pare it down to make it a lot cheaper? There are probably a lot of ways to build something similar and yet on the cheap. ALso- a great resource is your local Habitat ReStore! They sell windows for cheap! I bought mine for $5 a piece!! I have gotten all of my knobs, hinges, etc for less than half price. They have doors, wood, all kinds of stuff you can use!
smile.png

http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/03/our-chicken-coop.html

Back
Top Bottom