Need Help Please!!! Any help is good!!

chickchicklife

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
Today my bottle-fed lamb who is 2 months old now has not been eating nor drinking anything and has been throwing up some green stuff, and she has just sleeping and walking around a bit. She seems to be peeing and pooping normally. Any ideas of what might be wrong? This happened this morning but yesterday she was completely fine.

Today my bottle-fed lamb who is 2 months old now has not been eating nor drinking anything and has been throwing up some green stuff, and she has just sleeping and walking around a bit. She seems to be peeing and pooping normally. Any ideas of what might be wrong? This happened this morning but yesterday she was completely fine.
Does she look bloated?

Has she been vaccinated with CD/T? She may have enterotoxemia. If so the only real cure is a dose of clostridium perfingens antitoxin (not toxoid). You ought to be able to get a bottle of it at the livestock supply. Entero is a very common cause of death in baby lambs and kid goats. That said, the symptoms you mention are not typical of entero but the animals don't read the books. The usual symptoms of entero are some tenseness in the abdomen, the animal may stretch and get up and down, may grind its teeth, and may kick at its belly. That said, even if it is not showing these symptoms I would still be suspicious of entero. If the problem is entero, a dose of antitoxin will clear it up very promptly, like in less than an hour. Bear in mind that if entero is indeed the problem, time is of the essence.

I don't think so but she does look bloated
If she is bloated you can make a baking soda paste. It takes the bloat down pretty fast. Just put some baking soda in a bowl and add some water. It should be a thick paste. Just let her lick it off your finger or open her mouth and put it in. Just do little bits at a time. Every hour feed about a tablespoon. It will probably make her throw up but it will get whatever is making her bloated out. Do this for however long she is bloated.

If she is bloated you can make a baking soda paste. It takes the bloat down pretty fast. Just put some baking soda in a bowl and add some water. It should be a thick paste. Just let her lick it off your finger or open her mouth and put it in. Just do little bits at a time. Every hour feed about a tablespoon. It will probably make her throw up but it will get whatever is making her bloated out. Do this for however long she is bloated.
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!
As for bloat, baking soda will help. So will oil. However, Gas X works better, faster and safer than any of the bloat remedies I have ever tried and I have tried a few. However, if the cause of the bloat is entero and not simple indigestion, you need the antitoxin. Gas X will help. So will a dose of penicillin but you really need the antitoxin.

Back
Top Bottom