' NEED HELP PLEASE ' WITH CHICKS!! 5 DIDNT HATCH WAS ALIVE ON DAY 22 . 1 CHICK HATCHED AND NOT ST

kays chicks

Songster
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Derby UK
i had 5 eggs on day 22 yesterday did water and candle test and was fine . got up this morning to no pips or chicks so i did water test etc and no movement at all . opened them up and took all yolk in and all membrain was dry and srink wraped ???? what has happened
hit.gif
the only chick that hatched still hasnt stood up ( 1 DAY AND 3 HOURS OLD ) its sitting on its bum and going around in circles , i have put the rubber band on the egs and stood chick up but as soon as i put back in brooder the chick ends up on its back wavingits legs in the air and falling a sleep ??? dont know what to do , its one after another i lost 2 chicks last week that were week olds and its heart breaking
he.gif
PLEASE HELP ANYONE !!
hide.gif

Last edited:
40-50% alot of the time sits at 46% , i turn eggs about 4 times a day , always candle at day 7 and 18 and do water test and candle day 22 + 23 every time i still have them at day 22 but on day 23 they are dead ?? its happened twice now the ones that have hatched have come late on day 21 and day 22 . i have another 6 in lock down now due on 25th and humidity is at 78% all were fine at day 18

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom