need help ( what kind of rooster is this guy) help help help

He is a Old English Game Red Pyle... for sure no doubts...we have bantam red pyles...google it to see pics...
smile.png
smile.png

Last edited:
He might be a red sex link, might be general barnyard mix. He's not a "breed" of anything. And yep, you need to search for scaley mites and treat him, if what we're seeing is right. If he's new to you, he can infect the rest of your flock. If he's been with you a while, you'll probably need to treat your entire flock.

wow ive never heard about does mites and it sounds scary i have 15 light Brahma chicks about a month old a pee cock and a duck i did buy him for $10 of some guy in a swapmeet how can i treat him for mites

Quote:
is a red pyle a good kind of fowl

We have bantams....ours are gentle but as far as the Standard size I really don't know...guess it depends on the individual rooster and what you want him for....

Quote:
You need to wash his legs with warm soapy water and put vasoline on his legs. Reapply the vasoline daily. If you type "scaley leg mites" in the search box, you will find more information.

i just like chickens fowl over all i think its a good way to relax. thanks guys i will clean him up right away... any idea on how much one of these guys are i paid $10 good deal or bad deal he is 8 months

Quote:
I have used this treatment and found it very effective, you just need to be careful with using the Sevin. It is still a pesticide and you don't want your flock ingesting a bunch of it. I use about a teaspoon mixed in a medium size container of Vaseline, then put it on their legs daily.

Back
Top Bottom