Need help with 3 breeds please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Sherbert, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Sherbert

Sherbert New Egg

Jun 4, 2007
    Here's what I need help identifying in the pictures below. The colorful male in the first pic was the rare breed in my McMurray order back in February. They're all 4 months old and doing great. Thanks for any help! (Click on pics for larger views)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

He's a pretty Easter Egger rooster. Can't see the others well enough to say. He looks just like my friend's rare "exotic" from MM who was the accidental sire of two of my chicks (with Barred Rock mothers).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    It might help if we knew what breeds you ordered from McMurray. We got ours from McMurray too.

I think speckledhen is right about the first one. With that muff, he looks like what McMurray would call an Araucana/Americana.

Your second pic looks exactly like our Araucana/Americana pullet chick.

Did you order a Jersey Black Giant? Or Black Australorp? The last one could be either. I don't know anything about the Australorp, but do have a Jersey Black Giant. The bottom of the feet on a Jersey Black Giant will be yellow and it will have chocolate brown eyes. Our girl is the calmest in our flock of mixed standard heritage breeds.

Pretty birds!

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The first 2 pics are Easter Eggers. Not sure on the last one. Very pretty rooster in the 1st pic!

Jody

5. Sherbert

Sherbert New Egg

Jun 4, 2007
    Sorry about that [​IMG] I ordered the Meat and Eggs combo deal from them. The egg layers are supposed to be a mix of any number of breeds, so I knew it would be a guessing game once they got old enough to tell. Thanks for all the help!

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    The last one looks like my black jap. bantam she is small like that.

7. usalbrechts

usalbrechts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    I do know what the second one is i have one as chubby as that. It's a girl and her name is Chubby!!!!! [​IMG]

8. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    That Roo is gorgeous, sorry I can't help with the others. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by