Need help with breed ID please! :)

Beth0202

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
Central North Carolina
These chicks are around 6 weeks old. I got them straight run and unlabled so I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what breed they are, or maybe they are mutts? I'm guessing they are all hens but correct me if I'm wrong! Thanks!

#2 (white leg horn?)

#4 (red sex link?)

Sorry, I don't know much about all the different breeds. They don't look like anything that I have so I am not much help. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, so I am sure someone will be able to help you. It is a little slow in the mornings but more people come to the site later in the day.

I am wondering about my own chickens, too, and have my pics up waiting for some replies, so I can't really tell you for sure, but the last picture looks of the same coloring as 4 of what I have and I'm pretty sure they are called "Golden Comets" or possibly "Red Sex Link" - and those (2) names might be the same thing from what I've been reading.

Whatever you have, they sure are pretty birds!

Not entirely sure but here are my opinions, without expertise!
#1 no idea, not familiar with this one. Looks like an ee but no pea comb. Pretty though.
#2 white Plymouth rock (?) Can you see ear lobe color yet? I think I see a little red in that area. Red- rock, Leghorn - white.
#3 looks a lot like my production red. Dark beak though so not sure.
#4 definitely looks like my golden comet (RSL)

Thanks for your responses. I guess I may never know for sure! Maybe they really are just mixed breeds. I'll take a closer look at the white one's ear lobes though and maybe I can ID that one for sure. If anyone else has any guesses about the first feel free to post :)

They look like they might be the same breed. #1 is the crele variety, #2 is white, and #3 is the red variety. If they're bantams or not, that also might help with the identification of the breed.

first two are mixed breed. the red bird is probably some generic hatchery red layer, like a production red. The last one is colored like a red sex link, but something about it just looks off to me. can't quite put my finger on it, though.

They all look female at this point.

Back
Top Bottom