need help with cat attacks !!!

Yahir

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2020
I have 2 chickens and 1rooster and they are free roamed in my backyard but i do lock them up in a coop at night but recently i have found a bunch of feathers in my yard , i thought it was maybe due to the weather changing but i have recently found a family of cats living in my yard and they keep attacking my chickens but haven’t killed any yet ! can someone please tell me how to get rid of them or stop them from attacking my chickens

Are they strays or do they belong to a neighbor?

I’d call animal control. My husband would take care of the issue a different way... or my dogs would attack the cats.

But if those aren’t options then maybe animal control? Keep them locked up until the cats get caught. Or supervise them when they’re out.

I have 2 chickens and 1rooster and they are free roamed in my backyard but i do lock them up in a coop at night but recently i have found a bunch of feathers in my yard , i thought it was maybe due to the weather changing but i have recently found a family of cats living in my yard and they keep attacking my chickens but haven’t killed any yet ! can someone please tell me how to get rid of them or stop them from attacking my chickens
members.jpg

I’ve seen lots of feathers recently too! There is a cat around but it’s been around since day 1.. how do I know if it’s attacking my ducks?

Live trap them! See if they have tags or chips first then get them fixed. There is almost always a local organization that does TNR (trap neuter release) for free. You can then try releasing them in a different location or even let the organization handle that if they can. Getting strays fixed does wonders for stray populations. Some organizations may even provide the trap!

Have you actually seen the cats bothering the chickens?
How old are your birds, in months?

Oh, and..... Welcome to BYC! @Yahir
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1606947082496.png

Are they strays or do they belong to a neighbor?

I’d call animal control. My husband would take care of the issue a different way... or my dogs would attack the cats.

But if those aren’t options then maybe animal control? Keep them locked up until the cats get caught. Or supervise them when they’re out.
omg yes i never thought of calling animal control , thank you for the help !

Back
Top Bottom