Need help with Chicken Salad

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Lanissa86, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I was voted in for making Chicken Salad Sandwiches for my family New Years Eve Party. Well, its been a couple years since I last made this! I can whip up Tuna Salad Sandwiches like nothing, but I have been hearing that Chicken and Tuna Salad are not made the same!

So... Who can give me a Yummy, simple Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe?? I greatly appreciate it!

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I just chop up the chicken and mix with mayo.

My kids are picky so I don't add anything else.

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I like to add some toasted, sliced almonds, chopped celery, and sliced green onions. Yummy!!

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    or blue cheese [​IMG]

5. luvmygirlsinAK

luvmygirlsinAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    North Pole, Ak
    Quote:Sounds gourmet to me! [​IMG] Another addition to this would be red seedless grapes cut in half. This would be the type of gourmet sandwich you would find in a nice little tea shop. But if your family doesn't appreciate gourmet, I wouldn't waste it on them! [​IMG]

Another thing I add sometimes is chopped green bell pepper in place of the celery.

And if your family likes curry, you can add a little indian curry, but not unless they really like different types of food. Some people just don't know what they're missing when they are picky, picky, picky!!! [​IMG]

6. countrygirl_247

countrygirl_247 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    I make chicken/turkey salad all the time. Shred your chicken/turkey add onion, sweet relish, hard boiled eggs, celery all chopped of course & miracle whip & little pepper. Really good you can judge for yourself the amounts of each it depends on how much meat

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

In addition to the red grapes, I like to add a few walnuts.

8. mizauntcathy'shenhouse

mizauntcathy'shenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    I add green olives to the chicken, mayo, finely chopped onion...just a little, almonds and celery.

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    salad dressing not mayo and a little chicken broth for flavor... and of course the relish and onion and celery if you like. Like the grapes Idea, ive added sunflower seed and dried cranberries too.

10. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Try a fruited chicken salad. It's great!
    Chicken
    a tablespoon of honey
    Mayonaise
    seedless grapes halfed
    2 mellow sweet apples chopped up into cubes
    handful golden raisins
    handful Dried cranberries
    dash of salt

You will love it!

Edited to say, you can add a few roasted pecans chopped or walnuts too!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by