Need help with chicken wound

Were you able to get any antibiotics?
Is that area still bruised and swollen?
Any pus or odors coming from the wounds?

Do the best you can keeping her eating and hydrated. If a vet can see her, that would be good.

Were you able to get any antibiotics?
Is that area still bruised and swollen?
Any pus or odors coming from the wounds?

Do the best you can keeping her eating and hydrated. If a vet can see her, that would be good.
Yes, I’m giving her some amoxicillin and the bruising and swelling has gone down. No pus or odors coming from the wounds.

She’s panting a lot for some reason. And I think the dog possibly injured her wing which might be why she’s having trouble standing, possibly it’s throwing her off balance?

The feathers that are usually under the wing are now peeking out at the back of her wing. She has a hard time bringing that wing back to her side.

616A2DD4-1A5E-4F92-BBA2-09108F597716.jpeg
8A7AD8A1-6523-4E8D-A7D1-A27502F0DD2F.jpeg

Is she pooping regularly?
Crop emptying?
Is she too hot?

Was she laying normally before this? She may be having a hard time passing an egg, even though injured, sometimes a hen will lay eggs for a while.

Just some ideas. The panting is concerning though.

Can you insert clean or gloved finger into her vent to feel for a stuck egg? It is hard to know what is causing the panting, but she may be uncomfortable, in pain, or too hot.

Is she pooping regularly?
Crop emptying?
Is she too hot?

Was she laying normally before this? She may be having a hard time passing an egg, even though injured, sometimes a hen will lay eggs for a while.

Just some ideas. The panting is concerning though.
Her crop is emptying and she is pooping but it’s all diarrhea. I don’t think she is too hot. She was laying before the attack but not consistently. She hasn’t laid since the attack. And I just noticed she has worms… this large worm came out of her today:

Attachments

• 1FA9234C-00AD-4D4C-82CB-A03137F9100B.jpeg
    1FA9234C-00AD-4D4C-82CB-A03137F9100B.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 5
Wow, that is good detail on the worms. You can see through to the insides. Valbazen 1/2 ml given orally and repeated in 10 days, or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer 1/4 ml per pound given once and again in 10 days will treat large roundworms. To treat more kinds of worms, give it for 5 consecutive days. @dawg53 can you check out these worms?

Back
Top Bottom