Need help with complicated incubation and adoption scenario please

You think your replies are great...;).?....These are Ducks and not Chickens...;)
Research and experience is needed..:)....Ducks act very different...;)

Anyways to the OP...
Best wishes..:)

Cheers!

Ummmm? Not sure how to respond to that. I'm just brainstorming with the idea the OP proposed. I never said her idea would work, were just thinking about whether she'd adopt them or not since she's broody. I don't think I know it all in the least and if I come across that way, I'll be careful in the future. :)

You think your replies are great...;).?....These are Ducks and not Chickens...;)
Research and experience is needed..:)....Ducks act very different...;)

Anyways to the OP...
Best wishes..:)

Cheers!

Ummmm? Not sure how to respond to that. I'm just brainstorming with the idea the OP proposed. I never said her idea would work, were just thinking about whether she'd adopt them or not since she's broody. I don't think I know it all in the least and if I come across that way, I'll be careful in the future. :)

No problem...;)...lol....Sometimes we are not as knowledgable as we think?...;)

Cheers!

Cheers!

Again, never said that I was knowledgeable on the subject... just brainstorming about a proposition proposed, not by me, but by the OP. I'm a beginner with ducks and any advice I give is either experience, or research. This time was brainstorming not advice per say. Often times I just tag Miss Lydia- the queen of duck advice. I do not know everything. I am completely fallible. I do not want anyone to think I believe myself to be super knowledgeable about ducks. I am still learning more and more everyday. :)

Cheers!

Again, never said that I was knowledgeable on the subject... just brainstorming about a proposition proposed, not by me, but by the OP. I'm a beginner with ducks and any advice I give is either experience, or research. This time was brainstorming not advice per say. Often times I just tag Miss Lydia- the queen of duck advice. I do not know everything. I am completely fallible. I do not want anyone to think I believe myself to be super knowledgeable about ducks. I am still learning more and more everyday. :)

Miss Lydia has lots of experience, although she herself is learning daily...I think she is fantastic..:)

Although lots of others here also know lots about Ducks...From hatching to illness....:)... As I was taught to do.. Sit back and enjoy the ride..;)

Inexperience can cause issues in helping if your not correct in the help your giving...:(

Enjoy your Ducks...:)

Cheers!

Miss Lydia has lots of experience, although she herself is learning daily...I think she is fantastic..:)

Although lots of others here also know lots about Ducks...From hatching to illness....:)... As I was taught to do.. Sit back and enjoy the ride..;)

Inexperience can cause issues in helping if your not correct in the help your giving...:(

Cheers!

Well thank you for your input. I will continue to learn daily and I shall purpose to be more careful in the future. I'm sorry we had to have this discussion on the OP's post. Perhaps you can give her some real advice and not just brainstorm like I had been.

Good luck @Duckieduck. Perhaps @Chickens really has some advice for you.

Cheers!

Well thank you for your input. I will continue to learn daily and I shall purpose to be more careful in the future. I'm sorry we had to have this discussion on the OP's post. Perhaps you can give her some real advice and not just brainstorm like I had been.

Good luck @Duckieduck. Perhaps @Chickens really has some advice for you.

It was time to tell you , and I think your advise is fine..:)...... Yes....if you don't know?..... Don't reply ...;)....If I don't know?...I do not reply..:)

The Duck threads are full of great people...So much great helpers and fun people....Enjoy this site and all the fun daily..:)...
Never wanted to hurt your feelings...:)....I am a nice person..:)....

Cheers!

I have a broody duck sitting on hatching eggs that don't appear (to my novice eye) to be developing.  The eggs would be due to hatch on April 7th if they were to hatch.  I want to put some newly hatched ducklings and broken eggs under her in the next day or so because then she'll have babies and hopefully adopt them.  However, in case I am wrong and her eggs are viable, I want to put them in an incubator.  Can anyone advice me on how to do this at this late stage of their development (if there is any development)?  I'd be putting them in about 5 days before possible hatch.  Ive never done any of this before.  I would wait but I want her to have the ducklings because Im pretty sure her eggs won't hatch, and the other duckings (from a friends broody) are hatching today.  Sorry, complicated I know!  Can anyone advise me please? 

Candle the eggs...

Hard to see inside at this late date if the ducklings are viable.....
Candle and yes you can incubate them at anytime during incubation...

Trying to think of the best thing to do?.......Possibly contact WVduckchick....?
She is awesome with hatching....:)

Try her....;)

Cheers!

It was time to tell you , and I think your advise is fine..:)...... Yes....if you don't know?..... Don't reply ...;)....If I don't know?...I do not reply..:)

The Duck threads are full of great people...So much great helpers and fun people....Enjoy this site and all the fun daily..:)...

Cheers!

The sarcasm in your first post hurt but other than that I know you're just trying to advise me to be less ignorant if I'm going to reply to posts. Criticism is always welcome, but the sarcasm about me thinking "My replies are great"... that hurt. That's the last thing I want people to think- that I think I'm some wise counsellor. No way.

Thanks for taking the time,
Ashley

Cheers!

The sarcasm in your first post hurt but other than that I know you're just trying to advise me to be less ignorant if I'm going to reply to posts. Criticism is always welcome, but the sarcasm about me thinking "My replies are great"... that hurt. That's the last thing I want people to think- that I think I'm some wise counsellor. No way.

Thanks for taking the time,
Ashley

Ashley...:(.....It hurt me too...:(....I'm not that person at all..:)
I just want Duck owners to get the best advise..:).....Not saying mine is , although if I know somethingI put it out there...:).....

Friends?...I hope so..;).....Duck people are great!.....Again, sorry..You once commented about my being Canadian ..;).......I am and proud if it..:)

Ashley...:(.....It hurt me too...:(....I'm not that person at all..:)
I just want Duck owners to get the best advise..:).....Not saying mine is , although if I know somethingI put it out there...:).....

Friends?...I hope so..;).....Duck people are great!.....Again, sorry..You once commented about my being Canadian ..;).......I am and proud if it..:)

Of course we're friends!! I don't unfriend people just because they care enough to criticize me! :)

And yeah that was you, wasn't it... the thing about being Canadian
1f602.png
We Americans just like to pick on you
1f618.png
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom