Need help with day old chick.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dandydoodle, Sep 10, 2011.

1. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    He was a sticky chick he got stuck. I had to assist. His one leg sticks out back and the other seems to be drawn into his chest. He can't stand at all. He seems to be quite weak. The leg that is drawn up in his chest has a large open wound on the joint. It isn't from dragging himself around because, he hasn't been able to really get around that much yet. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to help him. I don't really want to have to cull him. [​IMG]

2. S.L.Swope

S.L.Swope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    Not really sure but I'll give ya a bump. I've read on here the leg tucked up with open wound that knee might have come out of joint, or something about ligament. Hope someone here can answer but glace in the emergencies or caring for chicks section, I'm sure you can find answer there.

3. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Thanks, I appreciate your help. I just went to give him some sugar water before bed and the little guy had passed. [​IMG]

4. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    Awwwwwwwwww I am so sorry to here about your chick!!![​IMG] I have herd that if you have a weak chicken to give it a mix of half water and half Gatorade.... hope that helps.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by