Need help with Diagnosis.. PLEASE!

chalidobrenz

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 6, 2014
I have a white crested polish chicken who is normally my spunky girl. For three days she's been sort of sleepy and not herself. She's lost weight, hasn't been eating much at all, but she is drinking. She went to the vet yesterday to confirm no peritonitis or egg binding. Blood work has been sent off. Her tail is lowered down and her butt feathers are all fluffed up. She moves around but is just slower than usual. Droppings look normal, maybe slightly greener than usual. Doesn't appear to be contagious, no other birds showing signs. Ruled out MD. Just looks uncomfortable on her backside. Worms? Any suggestions or similar encounters?

I would start her on Corid. Coccidiosis can cause a chicken to be lethargic and cause all different kinds of strange poop. 2 teaspoons per gallon of water for the liquid Corid and 1.5 per gallon for Corid powder. Continue this for 5-7 days. I would certainly look into worming all of your chickens. There are many people on here who can help you with worming if you need it. Good luck. Hope she get better! I've become too familiar with Cocci.

Did the vet take a fecal sample to test for worms, cocci and bacteria? That would have been a very good idea. Did they do an x-ray? Did they have any suggestions as to how to treat her or prescribe anything for her?

Back
Top Bottom