Need help with first time hatch (update)

Never mind - I think I'm going to buy one of those styrofoam hovabators. I will have to turn the eggs 3 times a day, but that is okay, as I only really have 1 egg for now. Maybe I can stick another one in there with it. 1 Silkie egg and 1 light Brahma egg.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif

That's actually not a bad idea, as my lumpectomy left me with 1 B cup and one C cup. I could use all that room in my B cup to incubate the eggs....ohhhhhhh but wait - what about the hot flashes I have all day - might not be a good idea after all.

ive made own incubators...i used old wooden solid box..drilled few air holes into sides... attach to wooden box side a dimmer switch...(( hubby did wiring for me )..used old piece of glass for cover...paper toweling on bottom of box...for water i just used old mason jar.....temp..i use a 90 watt bulb..dimmer switch is turned until heat is held where i wanted it...warning..right under light bulb heat will be hotter then edging of box..i lay eggs in semi circle & rotate location they are in box....hatch rate....about 80%....not bad at all. can also make one using cardboard box or cooler or??? good luck.

Back
Top Bottom