Need help with gender, new to this! Thanks!

cchase25

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 27, 2011
Oconomowoc, WI
Do you think this Buff Orphington is pullet or roo? Thanks! How do I tell, I have two and one is fuller feathered and lighter comb, this one is less evenly feathered and has the jowl things coming in, and comb is redder...
84153_bantam3.jpg

Im going to say roo. Though i had one pullet one time that look like this one. I thought i had a roo for sure. Haha! The reason i think it is a roo is because of the color of the comb. It is getting that reddish color to it. The "jowl things" you are refering to are called wattles. And yes those are coming in to which is also a reaon for thinking that this is a roo. You can see the difference between the color of the Buff and the other one. Which im thinking is a pullet. Im not 100% sure if the feathers on roos develop slower than pullets, but i believe it is true. Beautiful babies by the way!
thumbsup.gif

AWEEE! I love my american eskimo! She is a sweet heart! Mine is almost 2 years old. Her birthday is in june! How old is yours? Here is a few picture of mine! You should post pics of yours! I love seeing pics of these beautiful dogs.

82752_bugs_pics_214.jpg

82752_bugs_pics_215.jpg

I need to get more updated photos of her. These where when she was a little over a years old and she had an eye infection. Eww!

My Eskie is Hunter, he is five... here is a pic I just took today. He has some chihauhau in him, so you see the buff coloered freckles and ears. Mostly looks and acts like an eskimo though. Only downside is the barking which my (mean and unreasonable) hate, they hate any barking at all. As long as he wears his bark collar, dead batteries or not
smile.png
, he doesn't bark too much. He is a real character and a mama's boy. I also have two other bigger dogs and a cat...yikes. But i love them all so much! Can't really imagine not having any one of them around.
84153_hunter.jpg

Awe he is adorable! I love his little freakles! Oh and my dog barks like no other to. But my closest neighbor is half a mile away, and there dogs brak just as much if not more. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom