Need help with gift basket ideas for surgery

Plan to make dinner for the family on her first day home - that's always good! Then she can get extra rest. Maybe you could write that on a coupon or card in the basket.

Alwasy good ideas are chocolate, light & fluffy chick lit books or magazines, lotion, hard candies (butterscotch, starlight mints), after dinner mints - no need to chew if face is sore.

And for a laugh: a mirror with a beautiful model's nose taped over the mirror.

Baskets for friends are fun to put together and she'll be tickled that you thought of her.

DH & I had that bad flu this past fall. I don't really remember much about being sick & in bed for 8 -- 10 days. But my neighbor brought over a pot of homemade chicken soup on about day 4 or 5 - I was floored and so grateful for her thoughtfulness, and THAT I remember!

puzzle books like word find, cross word or soduku. A good DVD for when she gets home. Bubble bath.

For the hospital throat losenges are good to soothe the sore throat following surgery.

A nice comfy gown or lounging jammies.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the popsicle idea. They will help with swelling and keep her hydrated. See if your friend likes a particular flavor, maybe fudgesicles or the double stick popsicles and stock her up on those. My DH especially liked the banana ones. He had this same surgery PLUS had his tonsills out at the same time.

Other good basket ideas:
Coloring book and crayons
Scandal Rag magazines (Enquirer, Star)

Wow guys these are all really great ideas! Thank you all for helping so much.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom