Need help with hen id

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
This is our newest addition. She seems like a real sweetheart! I got her at an auction last night and I am not totally sure what color/breed she is. I think I have a smaller version of her that people said was an OEGB, but this new one has feathered feet and my younger one doesn't.

New hen...
Pic_06Oct022008.jpg

Young pullet
Pic_53Aug212008.jpg

Last edited:
I will have to double check her leg color. Seems to me they were a gray color, maybe the sun was hitting them wrong that day or something.

So the top one might just be a barnyard mix of some sort then? Or possibly part OEGB?

Quote:
dont know about the top one. maybe shes a close relative to the bottom one. someone else may can come along and tell you what the top one is

-Daniel

PS. honestly though. i think the top one maybe a barnyard mix,

I have one that looks almost exactly like her.... mine is out of a cukoo Marans rooster and a Easter Egger hen (who was that normal golden brown color with black flecks throughout.)

However, mine has a beard/muff, a pea comb and no feathers on her legs.

I don't know what breed mix yours is, but thought the information on what color parents produced a chicken colored like that for me might be helpful.

I am too knew to chickens to even grasp the color combos yet lol. But thanks for trying to offer some insight.

She must have been a flyer, because they trimmed her flight feathers. Which made me think she was partly a game hen, they are flyers.

I would like to have a few more like her but in other colors, she's a sweetie.

Back
Top Bottom