Need help with humidity..... almost time for lockdown!

motor97405

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 17, 2010
We are trying second round with this. First round not sure what happened to chicks but no luck!! This time things are going well we have candled and babies growing and doing well however this weekend starts lockdown and not sure how to raise the humidity for the last few days... any help would be great!! Thank you!!

Sponges, paper towels, trays, a tube into the incubator so that you can add water to keep it at, at least 65% humidity.

What kind of incubator do you have?

Is it me or do sponges dry up really fast? I put one in my brinsea and in the matter of hours it was dried up and the humidity was as if the sponge wasnt even there! What should I do?

Quote:
I have the same problem. So what I did was put a sponge underneath one of my ventilation holes and attached a straw to a turkey baster. That way I can stick the straw into the hole and drop water onto the sponge to re-wet it! Works like a charm!
big_smile.png

That works well! A little bit goes A LONG way! What do you do at night? Thats like 8 hours of the sponge drying up..... I would have to constantly sprinkle water in there every 2 to 3 hours! lol

Back
Top Bottom