Need help with names

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by colada584, Sep 7, 2010.

1. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    I'm taking suggestions for names for my 3 speckled sussex pullets. Since they all pretty much look the same, I was thinking maybe a female trio of names would work. I looked into the Dixie Chicks but didn't think their names fit well. Any suggestions?

BTW, my other chickens names are: Gloria, Greta, Lenore, Betty, Lucy, Thelma and Louise.

Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    i have

Billy, Betty and Bobby Jo

and

Gretchen, Greta, Gertrude and Geraldine

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    How about naming them after flowers....Lily, Daisy and Violet?

4. cdawson41

cdawson41 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2010
    Missouri
    I'm trying to think of a trio of lady like names.........that's hard. I have a Lucy, Dorothy, Emilee, and then there is Bonnie and Clyde. LOL. They are small Bantams and they are always on the run from the other girls LOL.

Okay how about this: Barbara, Dinah and Lizzie: I did an internet search for a Trio of Women in Comedy (please don't ask me to explain the thought process, truly I'm a natural blonde LOL) And these three are/have put on a show with a unique title. I copied it for ya. So that's my suggestion for today. Should I think of something else I'll come back and see if you have come up with a name. Good Luck!

Barbara Cole, Dinah Steward and Lizzie Czerner perform "Up Chick Creek", their one-woman shows about life, love and music in Los Angeles

5. SummerChick

SummerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Somerset, Texas
    I have 3 buff orpington's and i can't tell them apart but I named them Holly, Bridget and Kendra.... i ended up calling all of them Holly.

Some favorite names for any new hens i get may be,

Ophelia, Beaula, Daisy or Lucy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by