Need Help with possible new friend and me being shy

Livinzoo

Songster
13 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Statham, GA
So I'm a very shy person and it takes a bit for me to warm up to people. My husband is the same way. We don't have many friends because it is hard for me to meet people.

Well a girl contacted me on Myspace. From her description she enjoys many of the same things I do. She is new to the area and asked if I would like to hang out sometime.

I would but I have trouble conveying myself and I think I come on too strong or too weak, not really sure.

Can anyone help me start this friendship off right?

Lol, yes I'm 31 and asking for social skill advice. Just not something I have ever learned.

Last edited:
I would be careful, communicate for a few weeks by email only. If you ever choose to meet her in person, make it at a mall *Mall of Ga.* or big restrauant and in your vehicle.

Last edited:
Yeah I know all about internet meetings of people. I've dated off the internet in the past.

I'm just worried that I'll stick my foot in my mouth or not communicate properly. Like I must not have communicated on here very well because the responses don't answer my questions.

Thanks anyway though.

Sorry if it sounded like I was preaching...
smile.png

If you have things in common, then that is ground zero to build a friendship. Do you both have kids to talk about, church, shopping, food...anything in common to start the ball rolling. I don't see where you would have a problem communicating and starting the friendship.

Last edited:
I am also someone who doesn't communicate very well. I probably won't convey what I mean now either.
smile.png
But if you think you'd like to meet her to do something then do it. Pick an activity you both enjoy, maybe one that's not too long, and give it a try to see what happens.

Some people just got to know the way I am and accepted it. And I'm still friends with them too.

-Cindy

Just be yourself. Try not to be too nervous. Find out more about her before you meet. Find things you both generally have in common then when you meet you can have lots to talk about.

Just meet for coffee. Nothing big or earth shattering. Then discuss things you have in common. Either you'll hit it off or not. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.

Back
Top Bottom