Need help with Rabbit basics please.

I have successfully kept female siblings together in a large enough cage. I don't allow my rabbits on the ground because I don't want to risk intestinal parasites. I try to use as little medication in animal raising as possible (aside from required vaccines). Rabbit poo is amazing in the garden, I have 18 now so I can produce enough to use it like mulch. Also if they are running around on the ground a lot, it will be harder to collect it, IMO. I hope you do enjoy you new friends!
I didn't know rabbits need vaccines. What do you vaccinate for?

I raise rabbits for fur, food, and fertilizer. I sell all my excess rabbit manure, as fast as I can collect it (unsifted for $8/feed sack). They are easy to take care of, but for the effort of just wanting the manure, I'd just buy it from someone. Just my 2 cents.

I raise rabbits for fur, food, and fertilizer. I sell all my excess rabbit manure, as fast as I can collect it (unsifted for $8/feed sack). They are easy to take care of, but for the effort of just wanting the manure, I'd just buy it from someone. Just my 2 cents.
I've looked around and haven't found any. I thought about putting an ad on craigslist. We'll see.

When I put my add on CL, I am usually sold out in 1hr. I wait until I have 8-10 feed sacks full, make a listing, and they are gone that day. I have had one couple recently ask me to call them when I have 100lbs.

Wouldn't Goat poop be the same considering they eat the same stuff?
I did some research on that. It's a cool manure and very good for the garden.

The only thing I have against buying any kind of poop from someone else is that I can't be sure what other creatures they keep and whether they comingle in any way. Biosecurity is a concern for me.

Back
Top Bottom