Need help with Racoon Baby!

SQ fluids could be helpful, and if its still on milk only, depending on its age, it may still need manual stimulation each time it eats for bowel care. Do you have any idea of its age? My pet racoon was eons ago before they were outlawed over rabies concerns. The milk was soaked with good quality cat food for feedings when it was time to switch over to some solids. Hoping a wildlife rehab gets back in contact with you .

jojo@rolling acres farm :

I've raised 3. With that being said- I've also sent several on to that big cottonwood tree in the sky. Kitten formula is fine. Try giving him some kitten chow - just a few pieces at first and see how he tolerates it. Here in Nebraska you need a permit to keep them. they never ever loose the need to kill so keep that in mind. No matter how cute - they still grow up to be killers and can do a lot of damage in a short period of time.

Good luck - btw- the funny little noises are totally normal- and can be pretty endearing and sweet.

Joni

Thank you, that is very helpful! I appreciate it! Will get to that right away!​

Quote:
Me too! I have been trying to do the whole rub the belly and butt thing so I hope it'll work. I have no clue about his age whatsoever unfortunately.

Quote:
I'll call some vet clinics first thing tomorrow if I haven't heard back. I will also try some kitten chow as well. Hope all will go well. Little guy is getting quite active.

Back
Top Bottom