Need help with rooster

The 24% Dumor is more expensive that the Dumor chick starter 20%. At my TSC Flock Raiser is $16 and the Dumor 24% is the same. The Dumor 20% is a bit less. The 16% layer feed would be good for the hens. Any of those would be fine, though.

Do u
The 24% Dumor is more expensive that the Dumor chick starter 20%. At my TSC Flock Raiser is $16 and the Dumor 24% is the same. The Dumor 20% is a bit less. The 16% layer feed would be good for the hens. Any of those would be fine, though.
Do u mean 24 percent same price as 16 dallor one?? And chick starter is 24 percent protine. U said 24 more exspensive then u said its same as 16 dallor one witch is it

first u said 24% is more exspensive then u said 24% is the same as 16 dallor one do u mean same price or same protine? And the chick food is 20 percent not 24

dont know the temp in barn how do u keep it warm in there without lamps
Make a small insulated space for them for cold temperature nights, sometimes heat lamp is the last resort. I also don’t like the heat lamp idea so much, because of fire hazard. I compromise and turn it on for a couple of hours to warm the chickens and the small space up, then turn it off when I go to bed.

Ya its bad I think it is. How do u keep them from spilling there water I tryied so many different ways put it high they knock it down or put shaveings in it
I use an insulated water container like this:
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/coleman-1-2-gallon-jug-0854001p.html#srpI cupt a small hole in the lid, big enough for their beaks. I put very warm water in. Top it up once a day. Replace it the next day. I throw most of the water/ice thrown out at the end of the day, but they don’t knock it over.
The container is tall, pretty much their height.

first u said 24% is more exspensive then u said 24% is the same as 16 dallor one do u mean same price or same protine? And the chick food is 20 percent not 24
I was just meaning that Dumor, the store brand is less expensive than the brand name. The 24% Dumor may be the same price as Purina Flock Raiser 20%. Didn’t mean to confuse the issue.

I find the heavier chicken waterers are more stable and don’t get knocked over. I sometimes take a large plastic coffee can and put 2 holes near the top, then take a shoelace and tie it to a cage or fencing. The one gallon rubber bowls are fairly hard to turn over when full.

Back
Top Bottom