Need help with sick duck possible coccidiosis

Buzz2035

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2021
Can some please help I have a 4 month old pekin that started not eating about 2 weeks ago took her to the vet a few times only vet that is by me that sees ducks and they said nothing can do. But doing research it sounds like might be coccidiosis she won’t eat her duck food but acts hungry, drinks a lot of water and I got her to eat some wax worms and earth worms, just today and she has ate a little corn off and on. I can feel her losing weight and her poop alphas been light green to mostly white watery with a little piece of green or just a green color even though she didn’t eat anything green. From what I can find that is all the symptoms of coccidiosis. Is there somthing at tractor supply I can get her to treat it and if so if that isn’t what she has will it hurt her? Pleas help

What feed is she on? Maybe add a little water to it to make a mash. Feed her some scrambled eggs as well. Have you added niacin to her diet for the leg issues?
You can treat with corid for coccidiosis - vets can test for that as well. What did your vet test for?
If the duck has access to grass, they will have green poo. If its neon in color, that's when it is worrisome.

A few things since I just read your other threads. I hope by now you are feeding your duck something other than just fresh corn. Also, niacin will not hurt any duck it will only be beneficial especially for a duck with leg issues. It might be wise to take them off the niacin while they get antibiotics, but once they are finished, they can go back on the niacin. You can get it in many forms - liquid b complex or nutritional yeast.
Corid is fine to give ducks even if they don't have coccidiosis it won't hurt.
Is this your only duck?
Please post some pics or videos of the duck and the poo.

I have two disabled ducks. Her legs as the vet said has derivative joints,
She was up untill not eating having purine duck pellets. I also have given nician, b12 steroids for her joints, two or three different antibiotics, & pain meds. I have been trying to treat her legs since two weeks old. The eating just started two weeks ago took her to the vet (the only deck vet around me) and said she must not be eating due to pain. I asked if could be worms, infection but said no. And nothing more can do so I am on my own to try and see what is wrong with her. Today after a b12 shot she ate some earthworms, wax worms, milworms, grasshopper and crickets but still won’t eat her food

Attachments

• 85DDCA30-A9C6-4CA0-822A-5CC6770F6CE7.jpeg
    85DDCA30-A9C6-4CA0-822A-5CC6770F6CE7.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 9
  • C0B1A9D1-FF90-43C9-A491-C06215913C67.jpeg
    C0B1A9D1-FF90-43C9-A491-C06215913C67.jpeg
    524.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 690E154B-452F-433E-9029-FCFD6AF77A2B.jpeg
    690E154B-452F-433E-9029-FCFD6AF77A2B.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 5
  • B2E8B873-DA8D-4BFA-BDA6-6D33432753E4.jpeg
    B2E8B873-DA8D-4BFA-BDA6-6D33432753E4.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 7EE3EDCE-D93F-45E3-A8AC-BAF44FF65628.jpeg
    7EE3EDCE-D93F-45E3-A8AC-BAF44FF65628.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 9
Also she is a inside duck to to her legs. What I mentioned above is the only things she has ate nothing green

A few things since I just read your other threads. I hope by now you are feeding your duck something other than just fresh corn. Also, niacin will not hurt any duck it will only be beneficial especially for a duck with leg issues. It might be wise to take them off the niacin while they get antibiotics, but once they are finished, they can go back on the niacin. You can get it in many forms - liquid b complex or nutritional yeast.
Corid is fine to give ducks even if they don't have coccidiosis it won't hurt.
Is this your only duck?
Please post some pics or videos of the duck and the poo.
I have tried to feed her every fruit, vegetable ducks can eat. Tried 5 ton6 different types of duck and chicken feed pellet and crumble she will only eat a little corn up untill today

Back
Top Bottom