need help with the identity of new chicks.

J&KV

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
West Georgia
Just got some chicks today at our local feed/seed store. We got four RIRs but the other two my lovely wife just had to have and i have no idea what breed they are.
9686_hpim1896.jpg

9686_hpim1899.jpg

9686_hpim1909.jpg

9686_hpim1912.jpg

I also wanted to know if would be a good idea to seperate the smaller two black and white chicks from the RIRs. Thanks!
smile.png

OMG you got White Crested Black Polish!!! They look small so may be bantams!!! Congrats!!! They are cuties!!! Oh, and they should do just fine together.
smile.png
Just in case you want to see, here is one of mine taken last night at 5 weeks old.
smile.png
This is violet.
violet.jpg

Last edited:
Wow ,ok i was hoping that they were going to have a head full of feathers!
I can see the similiarities in color in our chicks and Violet. The feed store did inform us that they were bantams. Thanks for the input and pic!
smile.png

Yours are exactly what she looked like at that age, too. Their little bodies will just get more and more black as their feathers come in.
smile.png
Enjoy them, I think they are some of the most adorable things there are!!
smile.png
My husband, on the other hand, says they need haircuts. LOL Tell your wife I said awesome choice!!!!
smile.png

ep.gif
ep.gif
oh my gosh!! i got my order from MMH and the free chick was a Black Crested White Polish and it looks just like your two chickies!!! I've decided to name it Batman even if it turns out to be a Batgirl! LOL!
Congrats on the chicks!!!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom