need help

sarabeth

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Mammoth Spring, AR
A friend gave me a 7-gallon brower fountain waterer. I cannot figure out how to fill it without the water pouring out everywhere. Does anyone else have one of these and can tell me the trick to it?
barnie.gif

Are you referring to the plastic kind with a black screw on lid? If so they are a pain to seal...
If the metal ones leak they usually have a hole in them keeping it from sealing. Or they get "out around" from dropping or banging them around.

Quote:
To make them seal more easily, always be sure the O ring and the inside of the lid is clean.

You can order replacement O rings for the LG fountains. Also, putting a little Vaseline on the rings can make it easier to seal

There should be a little white cap near the top that you can take off and screw onto the opening in the bottom while you're filling it. Then make sure to tighten the black top tightly before taking the white cap back off.

Mine has a little cap to place on the spout so you can fill it up and seal it. You put the waterer where you want and then unscrew the cap and the trough fills up.
Maybe since yours is second-hand it is missing the cap?
Try a cork?

Back
Top Bottom