NEED HELP!

My duck can't walk or stand.whats the problem??..NEED HELP asap!

• What to get them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What can I do

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
That leg of his on that picture is something wrong. Because he can't stand on that leg only the left leg..so I'm thinking his leg is broken or something but yet I don't think it is because he moves it n bearly tries to put pressure on it.

Unfortunately it's not the food in this scenario. Crested usually have a lot of health issues read the following paragraph and then read the article.

Domestication could be seen as a selective process associated with a lot of alterations and greater variability in a lot of signs in domestic animals if compared to their wild ancestors (Price, 1999). During the course of domestication a lot of breeds have been developed which show alterations in e.g. body size, coloring, habitat or behavior. Also alterations can be found in brain size and brain composition (Kruska, 1980; Ebinger, 1995), not only in comparison to wild animals but also between different breeds (Rehkämper et al., 2003, 2008). One example for this is the Crested Duck (CR hereafter, Figure 1), which is characterized by a feather crest.

Figure 1. Portrait of a Crested Duck (CR)

Kopfstudie einer Landente mit Haube

The existence of a crest can be associated with changes in skull and brain morphology. In crested chickens the frontal bones form a protuberance, into which the telencephalon is displaced and show peculiarities in size and composition (Frahm and Rehkämper, 1998). In contrast, the crest in CR is located in the parietal part of the skull underlain by a cushion of fat and connective tissue. Additionally, many CR bear a fat body inside the skull that could vary in size and position (Figure 2). Depending on its size and position in relation to the brain, a negative effect on brain function cannot not be excluded and in fact, often coordination of locomotion is poor as demonstrated by a tottering walk, and some animals are even unable to right themselves up after fallen on their back (Brinkmeier, 1999; Bartelsand Kummerfeld, 2001; Bartels et al., 2001; Frahm et al., 2001; Cnotka et al., 2006, 2007, 2008). Hereditary aspects and high pre- and postnatal mortalities were discussed by Bartels and Kummerfeld (2001) and Bartels et al. (2001).

https://www.european-poultry-scienc...span-f-d-,QUlEPTQyMjAwMDcmTUlEPTE2MTAxNA.html

That isn’t going to work. Your duck needs duck food or ****UNMEDICATED****chick starter. Give some nutritional yeast and grit too. Wild birdseed without grit is basically indigestible for any bird.
I agree that it needs new food, but it *can* have medicated chick starter if the medication is amprolium and/or bacitracin. Read all about that here:
Feeding Ducklings Medicated Feed - The Myths and the Truth

@etorres, can you buy some chick starter crumbles or duck starter crumbles where you live?

Back
Top Bottom