Need Help!!

Aiara

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2021
Hii
Dear whom it may concern
I live in india and I have only one hen. I have a 1 year and 8 months old leghorn hen.
IMG_20211022_095250.jpg

She is really active girl and stubborn she eat everything I always stop her but sometimes ago I saw something's in her poop but I thought it's her food which she didn't digest properly but today I saw that the thing I thought was her food was moving I'm really scared what it is if any one know what it is please help to cure her
IMG_20211022_092250.jpg

This is the picture of her poop. I don't have any vet clinic in my locality so I can't take her to the doctor's
IMG_20211022_095704.jpg
I feed her this chicken feed because in my locality I only found this kind of feed. If anyone knows what it is then please help me😔

Are there any other symptoms? Is she loosing weight? Does she have a runny nose or is she acting tired? If you've been feeding her that for a long time and this only happened suddenly, then it's probably not the food, so don't worry. I can see some things in the picture that almost look like worms, so that might be the cause. I can't tell if it's just the glare though, so another picture from a different angle might help. Can you see any worms in it yourself? Just the poop isn't enough to go off of though, so that's why checking for other symptoms is important. If you treat her for the wrong thing, it won't help, you know?

Are there any other symptoms? Is she loosing weight? Does she have a runny nose or is she acting tired? If you've been feeding her that for a long time and this only happened suddenly, then it's probably not the food, so don't worry. I can see some things in the picture that almost look like worms, so that might be the cause. I can't tell if it's just the glare though, so another picture from a different angle might help. Can you see any worms in it yourself? Just the poop isn't enough to go off of though, so that's why checking for other symptoms is important. If you treat her for the wrong thing, it won't help, you know?
Yeah she have a runny nose and sneezing. She was ok yesterday but today she is sneezing oftentimes and have a runny nose. She is not looking tired. I have a video where the white thing in her poop is moving but I can't upload it because the video needs a different extention can you tell me which extention I have to attached in it so I can show you

Yep, those are definitely worms. I can't recognize the type, but regardless, you're going to want to get a de-wormer. There are lots of different brands of de-wormers, but they have to be specifically for use in poultry. You'd have to find one and then follow the instructions on how to treat your hen, because each type works differently. Clean up all the poops she makes and keep her away from any other chickens or animals for now, in order to prevent the worms from spreading. Also, instead of sprinkling her feed on the ground, give it to her in a dish or bin to avoid contamination. You also mentioned she has a runny nose, which is concerning because that could be a sign of another illness on top of the worms. But right now you should try to take care of the most pressing problem first. She can't get healthy or strong if parasites are taking all her nutrition.

Yep, those are definitely worms. I can't recognize the type, but regardless, you're going to want to get a de-wormer. There are lots of different brands of de-wormers, but they have to be specifically for use in poultry. You'd have to find one and then follow the instructions on how to treat your hen, because each type works differently. Clean up all the poops she makes and keep her away from any other chickens or animals for now, in order to prevent the worms from spreading. Also, instead of sprinkling her feed on the ground, give it to her in a dish or bin to avoid contamination. You also mentioned she has a runny nose, which is concerning because that could be a sign of another illness on top of the worms. But right now you should try to take care of the most pressing problem first. She can't get healthy or strong if parasites are taking all her nutrition.
Thank you for helping me but can you tell me how should I treat her runny nose and sneezing?

First see if there are any environmental factors. Is there a lot of dust there? It could just be irritating her nose. I would tell you how to treat her, but you can only tell what an illness is after the first one is gone. Plus you can't give her two meds at once even if you figured out what she was sick with. For now just worry about the worms. Has she always sneezed or has this just started?

First see if there are any environmental factors. Is there a lot of dust there? It could just be irritating her nose. I would tell you how to treat her, but you can only tell what an illness is after the first one is gone. Plus you can't give her two meds at once even if you figured out what she was sick with. For now just worry about the worms. Has she always sneezed or has this just started?
Her sneezing and runny nose started from yesterday and about the worms today I didn't see any worm in her poop

Is vet care an option?

To me, those look like Tapeworm proglottids, you can use Praziquantel to treat them.

Runny nose and sneezing could be respiratory illness, but check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight. Treat the worms and seem if her symptoms improve.

Back
Top Bottom